Sunday 16 December 2012

Our Wonderful Customers

At Sugar and Ice of Shaw, the business is really just "me" - Joanne Godfrey.  However, I do receive support from my husband, Tim who does assist me with baking and general domestic work.
 
As I take a look back on 2012, I wonder whether the time has come to stop writing my blog in the "3rd person" but to say "ME" instead! Whilst the jury is out, today I am going to type this post as myself so here goes...
 
I would like to take the opportunity to thank all my customers and wish each and every one of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR.  Even, if you are reading this and you aren't a customer, the sentiment is the same.  Thank you for dropping by - without you all, we are nothing.
 
Yesterday it was my birthday.  I hate having a December birthday...why? Well, all the tables in the best restaurants are full and even if you DO go out to celebrate, everything is all about Christmas, so you have to sit/shop/browse amongst crackers, party poppers, baubles, crowds, queues and of course the cold.  You can't really plan a night out to celebrate cos nobody is interested - your night out either clashes with that legendary office Xmas party or people are just too skint having to save for all the presents they need to buy.  I feel even more sorry for those people out there who have birthday's on Dec 24th, 25th, 26th, New Years Eve and New Years Day... So if that includes you, my deepest sympathy. Perhaps I am just getting more cranky as the years creep by, probably!!
 
On a lighter note, the best part of my birthday yesterday was my thoughtful customers.  I received birthday wishes, cards and even a gift! Awww, makes it all worth while.  A massive thank you to Lynne, Leanne and Julie - see you all in the New Year :0)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment